(Amended 21 September 2007)
Newsletters and flyers serve as the official communications vehicle
of the Association. The function of the C-7A Newsletter Editor is to
seek and review potential newsletter and flyer articles; set editorial
policy; and edit and prepare text for print. The Editor contracts with a
commercial printer for the production of the final product. A
compiler/mailing service may be used for distribution.
- The Editor is a current member of the Association.
- The Editor is appointed by the Board.
- The Editor serves at the discretion of the Board.
- The Editor will notify the Board in the event he will be
unavailable for more than 7 days.
- It is the intention of the Board to allow the Editor full
editorial and scheduling control of all publications consistent with
this Crew Duty. All articles, items of interest, Board
communications, and information on scheduled events or other input
for the newsletter must be submitted to the Editor NLT 40 days prior
to the publication date. Exceptions to this date will be allowed
only with the concurrence of the Editor. Any exception to this
requirement must be approved by the Board.
- At least 21 days prior to publication of any mailing, the Editor
will make available by email an electronic copy of the mailing to
each Board member, to allow the Board to make last minute changes
which normally will be limited to correction of errors and
omissions. Any changes made by the Board must be resubmitted and in
hand to the Editor NLT 10 days prior to publication date, otherwise
the mailing will be considered to be approved as submitted.