C-7A Caribou Association 2004 General Membership Meeting
October 1, 2004
- The meeting was called to order by President Bob Markham at 0900, with
84 members present.
- Election of officers: There were no nominations from the floor, so
the ballot was approved by acclamation. (See the web site for the slate of
- The minutes from the 2003 meeting were approved, as posted on the web
- Financial report was given by Treasurer Bob Dugan. Motion and second
to approve was passed.
- Introduction of new Association volunteer positions: Dave Hutchens is
the new Chief Editor of the Newsletter, and Charlie Steadman is the
Editor. Bob Blaylock is the Historian; Wilson Petefish is the
- George Harmon briefed the Association on the progress of the
restoration of the Hill AFB C-7A. The aircraft should be painted and
ready for a dedication on 14 May 2005.
- A motion was made, seconded and passed to have the 2005 reunion at
Hill AFB in conjunction with the dedication ceremony.
- Jim Collier stated that, Peter Bird had access to old Air Force
footage of C-7 Caribou operations in Viet Nam. A motion was made,
seconded and passed for the Association to pay for the editing and making
DVD’s available to the Association.
- A drawing was held for a free night in the Hotel. Larry Caine won the
- Wayne briefed the Association on the Airsho schedule for Saturday.
- Motion to adjourn at 1022, seconded and passed.
C-7A Caribou Association