Squadron Representative SOP
(Approved Dec 31, 2004)
- Purpose: To establish the duties and responsibilities of a C-7A
Caribou Association Squadron Representative.
- The Sqd Rep will assist the Roster Chairman in recruiting new members
into the Association. The Sqd Repís primary responsibility will be
recruiting new members from the people in the Sqd Repís Vietnam era
organization. Recruiting will be accomplished primarily by trying to
contact members on the roster that have never paid dues. Additional
contacts will be made by referring to old orders. Recruiting will also be
accomplished by developing contacts with old comrades from leads provided
by current members. The Sqd Rep will mail a welcoming letter to newly
established contacts. This letter is in addition to the letter sent out by
the Roster Chairman. The Roster Chairman will provide sample welcoming
letters which the representative may use to develop his letter. The Sqd
Rep will copy the roster Chairman on his letters.
- The Sqd Rep will also assist the Association in encouraging lapsed
members to renew their membership. By keeping the lapsed member abreast of
all upcoming events and activities the Sqd Rep will attempt to establish
himself as a link between the lapsed member and the Association.
- The Roster Chairman will furnish the Sqd Rep current rosters via
- The Sqd Rep will assist in keeping his squadron roster current by
submitting updated member data to the Roster Chairman. The Sqd Rep will
forward information on deceased members to the Roster Chairman and the
Bereavement Committee Chairman.
- The Sqd Rep will be reimbursed for postal and telephone expenses by
sending a summary of receipts to the Treasurer.